Facing Issues Connecting Local Bank Account in Saudi Arabia on PayPal Business

GFXKore
New Community Member

Hello PayPal Community,

I am encountering an issue when trying to connect my bank account to PayPal. Every time I attempt to link it, the system prompts me to connect to a U.S. bank account. However, I reside in Saudi Arabia and do not have access to a U.S. bank account.

This situation raises several questions for me:

• Why am I being asked to link a U.S. bank account when I am based in Saudi Arabia?
  • Is there no option to connect local bank accounts in Saudi Arabia to PayPal?
  • How can I receive international payments through PayPal and transfer the funds to my local bank account if linking my local bank isn't possible?

I thought that PayPal facilitates international payments, so this limitation is concerning. Could anyone provide guidance or solutions to this issue? How can I use PayPal effectively for business transactions in Saudi Arabia?

Thank you for your help and advice!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Shradha

Hello @GFXKore,Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting! 

We are sorry to hear that you are unable to add your bank account to PayPal. Your name in bank account must match with your PayPal account and also, some of the bank isn't compatible to be use with PayPal such as Online-only and prepaid bank account. Also, the account must be with a bank located in the same country and if the bank account is not compatible with the PayPal then in some countries PayPal allows to use U.S. bank account.

Requesting to refer the help centre articles to know the possible reason due to which you are unable to link a bank account to PayPal account.

Kindly reach out to our customer support team for further assistance to get an understanding of the possible solution Please reach out to the Support Team during business hours by clicking the Contact option at the bottom of PayPal page.

Hope this helps!

Warm Regards,

Shradha

Login to Me Too

GFXKore
New Community Member
With due respect Shradha, I think you didn't understand what I mean. Please re-read my post and let me know the solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.