Paying to return faulty goods in claims

Kezza-C
Contributor
Contributor
I made a purchase on MagicWardrobe for a cosplay for comic con. I selected the size using the measurement table provided. The size was clearly not the same to what was on the stated table as the top was too short and the trousers were massive. The arm strap was far too big, they came back to me and said accessories are one size fits all. But this you couldnt even adjust it as there was the smallest piece of velcro to fasten it. The belt didn't have a secure enough fastener on it to stop it falling off, and because it kept falling off a few of the extras on it fell off as they weren't securely glued or anything so i ended up losing them and the con. So I was having to fight with my belt all day and because of this one of my gloves split. The leg strap the fasteners on it came off as the end of the adjusters were finished properly. The button to open and close the pouch came off as it wasn't secured to the thing in anyway. I put a dispute in and they said they will give me a refund if I pay to send it back and it is the same way I was sent it. So I'm worried they will give me a partial refund as there's bits missing due to the fact that the quality was that bad and the attachments weren't secured properly. The site said that returns due to size is paid by buyer but faulty goods will be paid by them, but they are telling me to pay and if I I ordered a standard size and I should have ordered a fitted size. I'm really disappointed I have to pay to sent back good that weren't of good quality. Anything I can do as I'm worried they won't give me full refund and I'm having to pay to send back.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kezza-C 

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/how-do-i-open-a-dispute-with-a-seller-HELP160

https://www.paypal.com/uk/legalhub/buyer-protection?locale.x=en_GB

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tonycstech
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is good/bad 50/50
they do not THINK when they decide the outcome of a case. They just close the case to make "case closed" count higher so dont get shocked if your loose all your money and your items and the case is closed in the favor of a seller.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tonycstech 

In the instance of the original poster they closed the case because they chose not to return the item back to the seller for a refund, as per the buyer protection policy.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.